• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latex Anyone?

Bob Maxey

Android Expert
Sep 24, 2010
OK, so I find myself suddenly interested in generating high quality PDF files and I happened upon Latex. I am curious if there are any Latex users here today.

I have a project where I need to add some math formulas to some documents and a search for programs to make it easier to generate proper and nice looking formula formatting took me across the Linux Universe where I landed on planet Latex.

My cursory research reveals that Latex is the preference in the science and math community. Further research reveals that it might provide better looking and higher quality output than MS-Word.

If it works out, I might use it for generating some kinds of technical documentation output to pdf files.

Any thoughts, ideas, or issues you all might be aware of? Suggestions, advice, great ideas and the like?

And here I thought I was done with programming. Hrumph!

My cursory research reveals that Latex is the preference in the science and math community.

It is. If you're writing a research paper in math or the hard sciences, you're either using LaTeX (or some other TeX variant) or you're being laughed at behind your back.

Further research reveals that it might provide better looking and higher quality output than MS-Word.

For mathematical topics, this is absolutely true.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones