• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Launcher Pro PLUS!

I have some trouble imagining what LP offers that Sense on my Dinc doesn't. I guess I could DL it and find out, but nothing in the description or reviews suggests that it offers anything i don't already have.

What is there?
3D app drawer, resizable widgets, ability to hide apps in the drawer, selectable number of homescreens, setting any one of the homescreens as a default, customizable scrollable dock, home button action customization, hide notification bar, five icon rows. In short, it offers the user far more options than Sense.

Upvote 0
If anyone here has an account on the LauncherPro Forums can you please post in this thread and show an interest in an added 5th column.

I (like a bunch of others) are running out of room and an added 5th column would add 35 more slots over the course of 7 screens and really help out. Also now with resizing widgets you could make some 4x1 widgets (like the Power Control settings) 3x1 and center them evenly in 5 columns.

Please post if you have the time! :) Thanks.

LauncherPro Forum • View topic - Any chance we could get a 6th row or 5th column?

Upvote 0
I played with LP for about a week before buying the plus version. The customizations are great and the widgets are good. At first it was a bit laggy but after adjusting settings and cleaning up Sense it runs great. Since Sense will load automatically (and reload if you force quit it) even when LP is the default launcher, it is taking up a lot om memory and resources. This is especially true if you have widgets on your Sense home screens. I have found that by changing the Sense scene to the "Clean Slate" LP runs even smoother. That being said, I would use Sense exclusively if it just had a customizable dock like LP does.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I am unable to connect to my mobile network whilst I am running Launcher pro as my home app. I go to Wireless and Network click connect to mobile network and nothing happens (my apn connection is handled in quick settings). When I change to the default 'sense' UI the 3G icon in the notifications tray appears and hey presto I can access the web. This isn't a problem when I home but it i'm out and there is no wi-fi I need to connect to a mobile network.

any solutions?:)

Upvote 0
Hey everyone. so I got launcher pro and of course got beautiful widgets to get a nice looking clock to replace my stock HTC sense clock but it appears that beautiful widgets does not like to play nice with LP and a 5 row home screen. On the flip clock skins there are lines in the middle of the numbers running horizontally across the middle to make the numbers blend into the flippers. This line should line up with the horizontal line of the flippers of the flip clock. On my clocks in 5 row home screen it doesnt do this. It looks fine in the small beautiful home but not the big one...also, it looks fine with 4 row home screen but not 5. the clock skin I want to use is called airport one. it comes in both naked and with a background. in picture one below you can see the naked skin and the lines that I am talking about not lining up with the lines on the flippers in the flip clock. they appear below where they are supposed to. On pic 2 we can see the same thing and also the background does not extend to where it is supposed to in order to include the forecast and temperature. in the 3rd example we have another flip clock and we see the numbers are below where they should be. and the last one we see the line where the gradient begins (the middle of the number) isnt lined up with the middle of the flippers and again we see the background stops short of including the forecast and temp. Im not sure what the problem is. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling both LP and BW but no change. I am on a droid inc unrooted with the latest version of LP plus and BW. Anyone know what the prob is?

Attachments

• clock1.jpg
    clock1.jpg
    629 KB · Views: 75
  • clock2.jpg
    clock2.jpg
    575.7 KB · Views: 80
  • clock3.jpg
    clock3.jpg
    661.4 KB · Views: 78
  • clock4.jpg
    clock4.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 0
Hello, I'm pretty new to the forum. I was wondering how you got the different icons for the Chat, Phone, & Contact info on this screen? I have Launcher Pro on a Droid Eris and I love this People feature.
Thanks

Yeah! Pro Plus Elite Super X!
I paid for the app. It does do some amazing things but after I downloaded it I thought what the heck am I doing? I just paid for a missing feature that comes stock with the phone!
Admittedly it does look nice:
people_widget_screenshot2.jpg

I realized I just Joanied my phone. (You remember when Joanie and Chachi break up and go out with look alikes) So I started using Sense again! I thought that was a funny 2.99 revelation. I did notice that with Sense as my home launcher my memory did go down the toilet but I found I was always trying to find widgets that did what Sense did originally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones