Launcher Pro vs. Moto Stock

Last Updated:

1. thecrock0984

thecrock0984 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What are you going to use? Launcher Pro or the Moto Blur? And what is launcher pro? How does it work? Where do you download it??

Advertisement
  2. damstr

damstr Well-Known Member

I've been using Launcher Pro. Got used to it on my old Droid. I like having stationary icons at the bottom of the screen and I doubt Ill be using the widgets at all.

In launcher pro you can use the widgets you just can't resize them which pretty much defeats the purpose.

3. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

What about ADW launcher??

4. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

I've used both for a while and LP still seems crisper and smoother than the stock UI.

5. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

Launcher Pro on any Android phone.:D
    For those wanting to keep the circular app drawer and same icons for the long-press menu. Here is a themed DX Launcher Pro from Fabolous. All credit goes to him, I am just letting ya know about it. Here is the link for LP
    com.fede.launcher.apk
    And this is ADW
    http://www.mediafire.com/?2ii2vumm5yd
    Just put on your sdcard and install using astro.

6. thecrock0984

can anyone explain how launcher pro works? where to DL it? or anything. I need some help with it. I know I loved Sense on the DINC. Not gonna be crazy about motoblur so really wanna try LP! Thanks guys!

7. cassnate6259

cassnate6259 Well-Known Member

Is it easy to uninstall Launcherpro and go back to stock "moto" mode if I don't like it? Will it change anything? Thanks for the info.

8. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I had stability trouble when I used launcher pro beta on my dinc. I won't be using it on my DX, therefore.

9. thecrock0984

Im with this guy. Is it hard to uninstall?? What is it? An app???? Im clueless.

10. Roxors

Roxors Well-Known Member

read the post above yours

11. D13

D13 Well-Known Member

It's an app. You can just uninstall it if you like.
    Previous post by me:D

12. thecrock0984

Steven what do you mean by stability issues? Sorry to be a hastle.

13. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

I don't want to put words in Steven's mouth, but I'm guessing forced closes, etc. However, the developer has put forth new versions since that time to improve stability and performance so perhaps Steven just installed one version that wasn't the greatest in that regard.

Here's the website:
    LauncherPro

Fede has addressed stability issues in several releases. v0.6.3, for example, "focuses mainly on bugfixes, stability and performance." Keep in mind that this is still in BETA form; that means it's still in the early stages and if you know the software development process, it means you should EXPECT bugs. For something so new, I'd say LP is VERY fine-tuned and has been developed at an extremely high level of stability, performance, customization, and a sleek user-friendly UI, especially considering it's just one developer. But having said that, it's still beta software.

14. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

I for one am very happy with the X home screen app. I love the new widgets and the fact that you can size them. I like the left to right scrolling many of the widgets have. I tried Launcher Pro which I used to use but am happy for now with this.

15. Steven58

well, i realized I couldn't use it when I realized it didn't use the sense ui apps (which I now realize I coulda gotten from beautiful widgets). I need a scrolling calendar widget because of business. Couldn't do it. So I uninstalled. When I did? All sorts of problems with stability. I had to to a factory reset. Needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper.

BTW, does anyone know of any scrolling calendar widgets like the sense ui has? Do they exsist? Thanks in advance.

16. e5116

e5116 Well-Known Member

17. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member

Sorry to get a little off topic but can you replace the moto widgets with the beautiful widgets app? Ive never seen it before so i dont know what you can change with it.

18. Steven58

yes totally.

19. Steven58

20. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Also, I think the hiccups in the default launcher can be alleviated by turning on a static background.

Live wallpapers are cool and all, but they don't really have much of a purpose, and are notorious for sucking up cpu cycles and slowing down the phone.

21. Steven58

but i liiiike live wallpapers!!! :( :rolleyes: :p

22. residentgiant

residentgiant Member

Just installed Launcher Pro for the first time. I should probably also mention this is my first Android phone!

So far I'm definitely liking it more than the stock moto UI... it just seems smoother, especially when browsing the app drawer, and I love that it adds text messaging and the browser into into the dock (there might be an option to add them in moto's UI but I didn't dig too deep.) The pinch-to-reveal all screens is very cool too.

Now get me root and FroYo, and this phone will be COMPLETELY badass. :cool:

23. EKG

EKG Well-Known Member

I am using the Stock UI...Launcher Pro would always take forever for me when I wanted to add a new widget or app to one of my home screens...the only benefit for me personally found in Launcher Pro is the 3D app drawer...that thing is tight.

24. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

Definately launcher pro. It looks awesome and the only minor issue is the resizing, but im sure that too will soon be fixed.

25. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Well-Known Member

I personally like the moto skin...the widgets are sweet, but i just wish it was as butter smooth as launche pro