Launcher ProSupport

Last Updated:

1. nickstanley

nickstanley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the Droid X and want to get the most out of it that I can. I read a lot of folks mention Launcher Pro. What is this? Is this something that a "normal" phone user should use? I don't hack or root or any of that other stuff. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. svnty6rs3

svnty6rs3 Member

Hey there is no need to root or anything just install it from the market. It makes the home screens and phone in general run alot smoother with far less lag and changes the way your screens look with a different launcher on the bottom. You can check it out on youtube to see what it looks like.

3. nickstanley

nickstanley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Youtube...good suggestion. Thanks

4. Kazrell

Kazrell Well-Known Member

To add on to what svnty just said: I just downloaded the Launcher Pro + yesterday and it the interface is great - so are the icons the come with the People widget. They haven't released anything else yet (more widgets to come) but it does run a bit smoother than the stock software.

5. majorcovert

majorcovert Well-Known Member

Another big benefit to LauncherPro is that you can do 5 rows of icons versus just 4 which helps to reduce the big gap in between icons and widgets. I like being able to see all home screens at once. Then there is the ever so handy scrolling tool bar at the bottom which you can program to call certain people or have Navigation presets. I don't mind losing the ability to use the sizable widgets since I've gotten used to not having them on Vanilla Android on rooted phones in the past. You will lose the ability to use the Motoblur widgets the way Motorola wants you too, but that's no big loss.