• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro FAQ

Nice compilation Ed.

Do you know where more information could be found about the "LauncherPro Shortcuts" and "Activities" options in the "Select shortcut" menu (presented when selecting "Menu" -> "Add" from LP).
LP Shortcuts is a very odd addition to the launcher. It seems it would only be useful to the people who don't know how to use it (such as myself) -and I assume developers have no use for it - so it just sits there as this nebulous option of unlimited impossibilities. Or something like that.

The "Activities" option, on the other hand, is a great tool to help 'step inside' an app. A couple examples:

Say you have several launchers on your device (Stock, LP, GoLauncher, Zeam ...). You could grab Home Switcher from the market. Or you could use shortcuts to activities to put any of the launchers on any of your homescreens or in to a folder. Try this: Longpress Homescreen...
Shortcuts>Acivities>
...your device will take a moment to get the next screen (It's a long list;))...
Launcher>com.android.launcher2.Launcher
From here you have the options to change the icon and name of the shortcut.

If you have Astro, you might like its "Application Manager" or "Process Manager" tools. Or you may never use them (or even know they existed!) because it takes five steps from Home to get there. Just longpress Homescreen
Shortcuts>Activities>Astro>App Mgr
Here's a link with a more graphical "how-to" for adding activities shortcuts. :D

Upvote 0
well the shortcuts were utilized by the guy who made the classical gas theme (and all those who have made variants) by coding some pages then linking them so you can call a seperate homescreen from your 'main' homescreen without sliding to it...

not sure any other way that can be done..

but you are right, thats really the only thing I've seen 'shortcuts' used for really.. activities does much the same, same as well if the user has desktop visualiser or something similar and makes shortcuts that way too.

Upvote 0
Multipicture Live Wallpaper, from the market.

I'm going to try it again in a few days but I downloaded it, set it up and then spent the entire next day fighting extremely slow processes. Everything slowed down or wanted to force quit. Once I removed it and rebooted it was all ok again. I'm hoping it was just a fluke. :(

Upvote 0
I'm going to try it again in a few days but I downloaded it, set it up and then spent the entire next day fighting extremely slow processes. Everything slowed down or wanted to force quit. Once I removed it and rebooted it was all ok again. I'm hoping it was just a fluke. :(

hopefully it was, as I am normally the one to recommend Multipic to everyone if its needed....hell its in my signature the whole time for all to see and have guided a number of people on its use..

I personally never saw any slow down or force closes with it myself, the only thing I noticed was it would refresh the wallpaper sometimes that is all...nothing more than that really..

On that subject, I really like the new update on it which allows for a custom wallpaper for lockscreen now as well.....so those who WANT a lockscreen paper and can't (as I can attest that my other halfs wildfire running 2.2 CAN have different screen for that but my 2.2 Desire CANT), can change things :) its sometimes nice to be able to JUST change wallpaper without changing anything else..I know apps like widgetlocker CAN but its nicer just to have simplicity rather than all the extras lol plus its free lol

Upvote 0
hopefully it was, as I am normally the one to recommend Multipic to everyone if its needed....hell its in my signature the whole time for all to see and have guided a number of people on its use..

I personally never saw any slow down or force closes with it myself, the only thing I noticed was it would refresh the wallpaper sometimes that is all...nothing more than that really..

On that subject, I really like the new update on it which allows for a custom wallpaper for lockscreen now as well.....so those who WANT a lockscreen paper and can't (as I can attest that my other halfs wildfire running 2.2 CAN have different screen for that but my 2.2 Desire CANT), can change things :) its sometimes nice to be able to JUST change wallpaper without changing anything else..I know apps like widgetlocker CAN but its nicer just to have simplicity rather than all the extras lol plus its free lol

I'll def try it again and see. It was just odd that it was the only program that I added that day and my phone acted up. I loved having the different pics so I'm really hoping something just wasn't playing nice. I'll let you know.

Upvote 0
Next question - I love the unread sms count but what about mms ....am I missing that setting or is it not available ?

well mms is part an parcel with sms as such, so if you get an mms message it should come up just like a normal message...

I cannot though vouch for that, as for some odd reason, I can't receive MMS messages...but thats a network issue of mine though..

Upvote 0
Ok - after tries # 2 & 3 - something on my phone does not play nice with MultiPicture. I don't know if it's LPP or another program but within 24 hours of installing and setting up I have a lagging phone and something constantly seems to be syncing. Any suggestions? I follow directions well but not real techy so I could be missing something.

And the SMS vs MMS is very strange but only SMS comes up. I had to unhide my notification bar so that I can see if there's an MMS.

Upvote 0
can anyone help me to get rid of the doubled favorites from the Bookmark widget?

thank you

Attachments

• Double bookmarks.png
    Double bookmarks.png
    144.7 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones