• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro Plus icons for homescreen

Gr4dy

Lurker
Sep 29, 2010
I've searched and haven't found much in the way of a direct way to do this. I've read how Bettercut can do this but also FolderOrganizer (which I bought but haven't figured out how to do it).

The goal here is to get the same style/type of icons that come with the default LauncherPro Plus to replace the default Droid X homescreen icons (so they match aesthetically).

I bought LPI (LauncherProIcons) and when I browse through them and select one...it says "Saving Icon" but where is it saving it to? I've tried going into the settings and changing the save path to "sdcard" and "sdcard/launcherproicons" but they never show up in those directories. Am I missing something or inserting the wrong path? Is there a better default save location?

I'd like to not have to buy anymore apps today as I already bought LPP, LPI, and FolderOrganizer hoping to accomplish this. Any help would be so very greatly appreciated!

This is for a Droid X (rooted, deOdexed) 2.3.15 if it matters.

Thanks!
Grady

Figured it out! lterry913 over at droidforums.net helped me.

Here's how it's done:

the icons get saved to your gallery...folder organizer>select applications>press the down arrow next to the app you want to change>select icon from the menu that pops up>it will give you a default message...go past that and chose android image gallery>gallery>select your saved image>exit and go to home screen long press then select shortcut>folder organizer item>apps>and select the item you just created ...it will now appear on your home screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones