• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LCD Density Changer Brick

Belgedin

Lurker
Sep 20, 2010
Running Incredible with Froyo. I rooted using Unrevoked3, but I forgot to make the nandroid backup, I guess. the LCD Changer app has my reboot looping. After the very first HTC Incredible screen it goes totally white and I just hear the "Droid" voice(plays when the red droid eye comes up on screen normally" nothing but white and the voice just repeats after the screen flashes every minute or so. Tried applying the update.zip that was linked to on the developers blog, but no luck. Any ideas? I even tried resetting to factory defaults, formatted everything, basically. Lost a great of data, I'm afraid, but I just want my phone back.

Thanks if you can offer any help

If you don't have a Nandroid Backup. Hold volume down and press power and boot into recovery...

From here you can try:

1) Clearing cache/davlik cache and see if phone restarts.

If not...

2) Boot back into reovery and use CMD to remove the LCD Density app itself. (Would have to know the exact name of the app/file it is under though)

If not...

3) Boot back into recovery, wipe date and install a new rom.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it was pretty shit-inducing. Especially at one in the morning when I decided to take a break from my quantum physics homework(due at 8am) to play with my newly rooted phone for a few minutes. That turned into hours of trying to fix it and missing half my assignment. Oh well, everything is back in order now I think.

Thanks again to everyone for your help, you rock, seriously.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones