LCD Density Changer Brick

Last Updated:

1. Belgedin

Belgedin Member This Topic's Starter

Running Incredible with Froyo. I rooted using Unrevoked3, but I forgot to make the nandroid backup, I guess. the LCD Changer app has my reboot looping. After the very first HTC Incredible screen it goes totally white and I just hear the "Droid" voice(plays when the red droid eye comes up on screen normally" nothing but white and the voice just repeats after the screen flashes every minute or so. Tried applying the update.zip that was linked to on the developers blog, but no luck. Any ideas? I even tried resetting to factory defaults, formatted everything, basically. Lost a great of data, I'm afraid, but I just want my phone back.

Thanks if you can offer any help

Advertisement
  2. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Well-Known Member

Do you have an older nandroid back up you can restore?

3. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

If you don't have a Nandroid Backup. Hold volume down and press power and boot into recovery...

From here you can try:

1) Clearing cache/davlik cache and see if phone restarts.

If not...

2) Boot back into reovery and use CMD to remove the LCD Density app itself. (Would have to know the exact name of the app/file it is under though)

If not...

3) Boot back into recovery, wipe date and install a new rom.

4. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Also, while in recovery and connected to PC, you can mount the SD card under the partitions/mounts menu. That way you can download a new ROM, move it to your SD card, unmount the SD card, and install the new .zip, without rebooting, removing the SD card, etc. :)

5. Belgedin

Yeah, I've tried installing multiple update.zips, I've tried clearing the caches and doing a factory default reset, not sure what else to do. I don't know exactly how to flash a new rom. Can I download the Froyo OTA somewhere and update again with that?

6. Belgedin

Oh shit. I just formatted the boot by accident. Now It always boots into this fastboot screen, doesn't even try to boot into the phone... ****.

7. necosino

lol, don't worry. Just download a ROM (I like SkyRaider's), put it on your SD card, and then install that zip from your SD card. :)

8. Belgedin

Thanks for all your help, guys. I will try that. Once I do SkyRaider, would I be able to get back to just the regular Sense/HTC stock rom?

9. necosino

He actually has a SkyRaider Sense version. For Stock, you can just install the leaked update here. Just put it on your SD card and boot into recovery, it will do the rest. Then once that is done, you'll have to re-root with Unrevoked Forever. :)

10. Belgedin

You, sir, are a pimp. Thank you, man. I got back to 2.1, re updated and am about to reroot. Thank you so much. Lost all my apps and stuff, but I'm just glad to have the phone back.

Thanks again,

11. Belgedin

There does seem to be a couple of issues. I don't seem to have 3G? And under phone storage (should be almost 8GB) it says unavailable. Any ideas?

12. dscribe

dscribe Well-Known Member

If you are back to 2.1 with radio software above 1.0, that would account for the 3G issue. If this is the case, it will be resolved when you go back to 2.2. I'm not sure about the internal storage issue though.

13. Belgedin

Okay, got 3G back, can't figure out the internal phone storage thing, though. Should I mount it through recovery?

14. shred1

shred1 Well-Known Member

Yeah I remember my first boot loop! I almost shat myself.

15. Belgedin

Yeah, it was pretty shit-inducing. Especially at one in the morning when I decided to take a break from my quantum physics homework(due at 8am) to play with my newly rooted phone for a few minutes. That turned into hours of trying to fix it and missing half my assignment. Oh well, everything is back in order now I think.

Thanks again to everyone for your help, you rock, seriously.