LCD Screen Vs Digitizer Broken ScreenSupport

1. robobobo

robobobo Active Member

Hey guys,

So what I thought never would happen happened..my beloved HTC One X's screen which had been through so much, finally decided it couldn't take one more fall and shattered on me :(

I've been looking into replacement screens, and I've noticed Digitizer and LCD screen come up a lot. Do I need to replace both of them?

The reason I ask is there is the option of buying just a replacement digitizer or an LCD screen or an LCD Screen with Digitizer, all of different prices as you can see

http://www.************.com/htc/android-models/htc-one-x.html

What do I need?

The touchscreen is still working perfectly, just the glass on the screen is shattered.

Any input is appreciated as always!

Advertisement
    :
  2. thundergod66

thundergod66 Member

if im correct the glass is just the lcd screen,but the digitizer is the part under the screen that makes the touch part work..to me it sounds like all ya need is the lcd screen only..but make sure first to see if im correct on this..
  3. robobobo

robobobo Active Member

Hmm I've done a bit more digging, and I think it might be the other way around to what you said thundergod66.

The digitizer is stuck to the top of the screen, with the lcd underneath it. I think :/

But from what I've read, it's quite easy to break the screen trying to detach the digitizer so people normally just replace the two of them at the same time. Anyone have any experience on this?
  4. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member Contributor

El Presidente likes this.
  5. robobobo

robobobo Active Member

Hey GuitarG20,

Yes I think you're right, it looks like I'll need to get the digitizer and display if I want to get this sorted properly

Cheers for the link!
    GuitarG20 likes this.