• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Leaked bb v1.0 OC'd at 1GHz running faster than droid incredible?

While I don't want to take anything away from the Incredible...it looks nice...I don't know where all the Droid love went. The Moto Droid is one of the most successful phones ever and really put android on the map (just 7 months ago). I just feel like people have been talking about the Droid like it is 5 years old and I'm trying to reassure my droid that she is still the shit...but she's sensitive to all the chatter :D

All I ever seem to read on here is people talking about how they are looking to switch to something new...the Nexus...then the Incredible. I must be missing something. :thinking: I understand the talk about the next gen of snapdragon processors, 4G speeds, and 4.0" or larger screens cause those are "real" upgrades to the Droid.

The point to my rambling is this: If you are eligible for an upgrade...sure, check out the Incredible. If you are a Droid owner...wait for the "wow" upgrades later in 2010 or early 2011.

+1

Between the weird screen issues (PenTile pixel configuration) on the N1/Incredible and the fact that a rooted/OC Droid runs just as fast and benchmarks better than the new phones I still love my Droid.

The ONLY things I think the Incredible has on the Droid are the camera, and the extra RAM and storage space. Those are definitely significant things but I think the phone will need to be rooted for its full potential to be unleashed. That being said, the lack of a physical keyboard (which some people like) and the poor choice of screen (I still think they tried to cram an AMOLED into a phone too soon if they can't have proper RGB pixels) will never go away.

Upvote 0
I agree 100% nstallion. If people can afford to upgrade every time a phone with a few better features comes out...more power to them. I for one will wait til there is a phone that you don't have to make comprises to make the switch. That's an upgrade!

One thing that cracks me up is the people who praise the AMOLED screens for being "brighter and more vibrant". While this may be true (indoors), I think about all the ROMs that were released with the automatic brightness not working and how that seems to be a deal-breaker for so many people :D Who is going to notice any difference when the screen is running at 60% brightness???

Upvote 0
While I don't want to take anything away from the Incredible...it looks nice...I don't know where all the Droid love went. The Moto Droid is one of the most successful phones ever and really put android on the map (just 7 months ago). I just feel like people have been talking about the Droid like it is 5 years old and I'm trying to reassure my droid that she is still the shit...but she's sensitive to all the chatter :D

All I ever seem to read on here is people talking about how they are looking to switch to something new...the Nexus...then the Incredible. I must be missing something. :thinking: I understand the talk about the next gen of snapdragon processors, 4G speeds, and 4.0" or larger screens cause those are "real" upgrades to the Droid.

The point to my rambling is this: If you are eligible for an upgrade...sure, check out the Incredible. If you are a Droid owner...wait for the "wow" upgrades later in 2010 or early 2011.

I have to agree with all of this. As of now, my upgrade path will be when my contract runs out again with VZW in 2011. By then, 4G will be all over (on several different carriers, though I doubt I will leave VZW), and phones will be way more advanced. While there are (and will be plenty more) "Oh wow, that phone looks sweet" moments, I'll be just fine with my Droid for another Year to 1.5 years....

I mean, things just KEEP getting better. Better roms, better apps (IMO mostly due to Android penetration, and Droid is a big factor in that), and a good life span (first 2 phones to see Flash 10.1 will be Droid and N1, so we are by no means behind)...

Hell, even Google is giving out Droids/N1s at Google IO. If Droid where not still a damn fine phone, why would they do that?!? (The reasons for the N1 are obvious)...

Upvote 0
The HD2 and EVO have 4.3's so it surprises me that they decided to release the Incredible with a 3.7.

I wonder what the Droid 2 will be rocking...it's hard to imagine a 4.3 with a physical keyboard.

With a keyboard and 4.3", almost a netbook ;)

After messing with the HD2, is seems a tad too big as it is, yet alone with a keyboard. I have an M11X already ;)

Upvote 0
What really has me excited is that the majority of what entices me about th Inc will be available to the Droid. I never imagined that the day I got my Droid was the start of an amazing journey. If you buy a car, or blu-ray player, the day you get it will be the best it ever performs. This is the complete opposite for the Droid. When the N1 came out, we got 2.1. Now that we've got the Inc, we'll get some new goodies. The commercials are completely true, "When there's no limit on what Droid gets, there's no limit on what Droid does."

Upvote 0
What really has me excited is that the majority of what entices me about th Inc will be available to the Droid. I never imagined that the day I got my Droid was the start of an amazing journey. If you buy a car, or blu-ray player, the day you get it will be the best it ever performs. This is the complete opposite for the Droid. When the N1 came out, we got 2.1. Now that we've got the Inc, we'll get some new goodies. The commercials are completely true, "When there's no limit on what Droid gets, there's no limit on what Droid does."

A lot of that is thanks to the modding/hacking/developing community that has sprung up around this device. I'm sure there will be a working Sense ROM similar to the Incredible's in the not too distant future, if that's your thing.

I personally think it was a stroke of genius putting that lovely Texus Instruments ARM Cortex-A8 in there. It's clocked at 600mhz but apparently has no problems for most people going twice that fast. With JIT supposedly included in Android 2.2 it will be even faster!

Upvote 0
I have been over at the Incredible forum trying to help out some people and HOLY CRAP that phone has a TON of problems right out of the box. First of all the battery life is atrocious, I'm talking like 8 hours maybe (and not 8 hours of non stop heavy usage). The reception is complete garbage. It randomly reboots if you live in north carolina (don't ask me why, it just does). That is just some of the stuff going on right now. So glad I have my Droid, the OG mofo, can't beat the solid construction if this biatch.

Upvote 0
I have been over at the Incredible forum trying to help out some people and HOLY CRAP that phone has a TON of problems right out of the box. First of all the battery life is atrocious, I'm talking like 8 hours maybe (and not 8 hours of non stop heavy usage). The reception is complete garbage. It randomly reboots if you live in north carolina (don't ask me why, it just does). That is just some of the stuff going on right now. So glad I have my Droid, the OG mofo, can't beat the solid construction if this biatch.
An entire region having reboot problems?

Upvote 0
I just saw this so I tried the speed test and hit 1858 kbit/sec. I am all for new and improved phones but it just does not seem like there is anything that much better about it. I use my car and desk mount every day and would not give them up. I love my Droid and the Inc. is not enough phone to make me even think about switching, but it does have a nice camera.

I'm running NexTheme 5.0.6.2 overclocked to 1GHZ, don't think this matters but I also have a class 6 SD Card with Apps2SD on.

Attachments

• Speed Test.jpg
    Speed Test.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 52
Upvote 0

No obviously you didn't read the thread over there correctly. If you don't have an Incredible, your phone is CRAP.

Upvote 0
I've been enjoying playing with the girlie's Inc and we def have the better screen. Also, my OCed Droid surfs the net faster every time. Guys give me some ideas on what to compare that hasn't been done, or the jury is still out on. Also, I'm glad the Inc's problems remained in NC...I live in SC and her phone seems to be doing well and the batt life hasn't been terrible.

Upvote 0
I've been enjoying playing with the girlie's Inc and we def have the better screen

I suspected as much. Between the low absolute brightness, excessive color saturation and the weird PenTile pixel configuration I think it's a case of the first generation of a new technology not matching up to what is pretty much the state of the art in LCDs.

I linked Google Nexus One versus Motorola Droid Display Shoot-Out (considering the Nexus One and Incredible have the same AMOLED panel) in an incredible thread about viewing the screen in sunlight and ruffled some feathers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones