Leaked European Froyo 2.2 - Samsung Galaxy S

Last Updated:

1. yankeeboy

yankeeboy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So - with this out, does this mean we have an opportunity to have Froyo before it is released for the Fascinate? I hope so :D

Froyo XXJPH [see 2nd post for downloads] - xda-developers

I have little experience with Samsung, but am hopeful we can get a ROM out for the Fascinate soon. Is the framework the same between Galaxy S devices?

Looks like there are a few Froyo ROMS floating around now on XDA for i-9000

Advertisement
  2. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

give it a week. i bet we'll see something

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

At the risk of getting my hopes up...finally

4. mackeydesigns

mackeydesigns Well-Known Member

Its going to take singer work. I was told the button layout for euro galaxy s phones is different, it's 3 compared to 4? So we'll have to wait for that fix first among other things

5. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah consider the SF might not get the official Froyo till Nov-Dec. If it takes "the crew" a few weeks so be it

6. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

The 2.2 for the Galaxy S has been leaked for almost two months now. It is not ready for prime-time, since was a leaked dev rom for testing and there has not been a lot of success getting it to work correctly. The recent release also has issues due to Wiz intergration, it is not as easy as removing Sense and Wiz has implications to the actual hardware interface layout of each device. Ironic that Galaxy S is less locked, yet harder to bake a rom than other Android flavors.

That said, if you can get a 2.2 that will work, you may be best to jump, since you KNOW that it will take VZW about two months longer than when actually released by Samsung.

December is the likely release time for Fascinate- assuming final 2.2 is published for Galaxy S in the next few weeks.