• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Leaked international DNA, what is it and how do I get one?

WiL11o6

Nov 24, 2012
I am planning to get the Droid DNA for me and my girlfriend. I am fine with the black and red theme but my girlfriend said she wants to wait to see if new colors will come out. I told her that most likely there wouldn't be other colors as Verizon's droid theme has always been black and red. I then see leaked photos of an international version of the DNA that comes in black, white and brown as seen here:

(can't post links yet, but you may google HTC Deluxe)

If these are in fact coming soon in a couple months, I am sure she would definitely wait for a white one so my stupid question is. What is an international phone and where do I buy one? And after purchasing one, could I use it on Verizon and are there extra fees or such?

Generally an international phone is one that is issued outside of the USA. They are often quite different versions of the phone with different software and sometimes hardware too. For example the galaxy s3 in the USA is a dual core but the international version is quad core.
You could Google where to buy one from but I would say eBay is a good place to start, as long as you buy an unlocked one it should work but I would check with your carrier just to be sure.

Upvote 0
If you are on Verizon, you won't be able to use any other version of the DNA. International phones don't have CDMA radios, which Verizon network runs on. Also Verizon "certifies" each device on their network, and even if a manufacturer created a phone with Verizon frequency CDMA radios, it wouldn't work on Verizon without first getting certified (ie subject to Verizon's heavy dose of bloat, and even hardware requirements).

P.S. Welcome to AF!

Reactions: jj3699
Upvote 0
If you are on Verizon, you won't be able to use any other version of the DNA. International phones don't have CDMA radios, which Verizon network runs on. Also Verizon "certifies" each device on their network, and even if a manufacturer created a phone with Verizon frequency CDMA radios, it wouldn't work on Verizon without first getting certified (ie subject to Verizon's heavy dose of bloat, and even hardware requirements).

P.S. Welcome to AF!

Thank you, I was wondering about this :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones