• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Leave It On" for Android?

gary1949

Sep 1, 2010
Geneseo, NY
I used a program for BlackBerries called "Leave It On". Very useful for golf apps to always have the screen displaying information during a round, or to have the clock remain on during the night without the need to press a button to see the time, etc. The developer of "Leave It On" (Shaosoft) appears to develop apps only for the BB OS.

Does anyone know of a similiar program available for android phones?

Thanks in advance for the help . . . .

That program looked like it would work . . . but it didn't !! After installation I set my screen timeout for 1 minute - after 1 minute, the screen went dark. Reset screen timeout to 10 minutes - again, after 10 minutes screen went dark. I don't believe I have any other programs interferring with "Screen On" such as JuiceDefender (disabled for this test). :(

Sooooo . . . . I'll continue searching. Thanks very much for the suggestion. :eek:

Upvote 0
I did some more testing with "Screen On" before deleting the app. It appears to work with AT&T Navigator and my 2 golf apps - SkyDroid and FreeCadie Pro. It DOES NOT work with the Samsung "Desk Home" application.

No problem - I'll ditch the "Desk Home" app and find a decent (and simple) alarm clock app.

Thanks much for the help . . . it's appreciated. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones