• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LED Configuration Help

crboone

Android Enthusiast
Aug 16, 2010
USA
I have tried quite a few notification apps (for calls/emails) with various LED or screen alerts. None of the alerts that flash the LED while the screen is on, or that light up a continuous LED, or that turn on the screen when it's off, work. Also, I can't really get multiple colors to work for the LED other than blue and green. I have gotten an LED with a purplish hue but that's about it. Is the LED that severely limited on the Droid X, or do the apps simply not work? Seems like the LED will only work when the screen is off, and then, only blue, green, (red for low battery by default), and the same, slow-speed blink, and that's it.

I need an email alert that repeats and that captures my attention for messages I've missed while away from the device. Any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones