• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have been reading the threads regarding the blinking of the LED light. Mine no longer blinks even when the phone is in sleep mode (screen to black) it beeps to tell me there is a message but there is no light. There was never a blinking LED when it was not in sleep mode. I use handcent and put a theme/skin on and I really think its since this has happened that it does not blink, even though the settings still say it will blink. I have tried all the suggestions I have read and still nothing...other ideas?

I should also add that my email notifications nor my facebook notifications blink either and I am using 2.2.2 android. it's a motorola droid.

Android phones 2.1 and above, the LED notification light only flashes when the screen is blank.

You can go into Handcent and test the notification under Settings-Notification Settings-Notification Settings. Some of the LED colors may or may not work, so set it to any of the colors, but Custom. Test the notification, hit the power button to turn the screen off.

Try uninstalling Handcent completely, and see if that does the trick. You can always reinstall it, just be sure to turn on the notifications on the stock SMS app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones