1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Lets see your UI layout!

1. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Another reason to look forward to 2.0 then :D
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

If anyone is looking for custom icons for their layout, I have made some for my Eris and your more than welsome to use them if you like. Some are 100% custom, others I found online and edited to match my others in size. I have an album under my profile that has them all:

Android Forums - View Profile: thetomlin2

Here are a couple examples:

Albums
    [​IMG]

Bloo
    [​IMG]

Contacts (People)
    [​IMG]

Flickster
    [​IMG]

Market
    [​IMG]

Slacker
    [​IMG]
    cruiser771 likes this.
  3. stmartin84

stmartin84 Well-Known Member

How can I use those?
  4. GrdLock

GrdLock Well-Known Member

What do you use to change the program icons?
  5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Create a folder on your SD card where you want to keep them ... I named mine Icons. Copy the files to that folder and install BetterCut from the Market. Used BetterCut to create shortcuts on your screen, it allows you to change the Icon. When you click the "Change Icon" option, navigate to the Icon folder and select the icon you wish to use. Its actually quite easy. You can also change the name under the icon using BetterCut
    mia_doa and Ebaneezor like this.
  6. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

Excellent work on the icons!
    sooo tempted to go back in my winmo bag and get to being customizer man! :)
  7. stmartin84

Those Icons are great! Thanks. Keep up the good work and the updates on icons!
  8. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Thanks ... if anyone needs one for a particular app let me know. I cant promise I will be able to do it right away, but I will get to it
  9. stmartin84

How about something better for the gmail email icon?
  10. stmartin84

I can't seem to figure out how to change the camera, video camera, pandora, and some others. How do you change those?
  11. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Do you have BetterCut installed?
  12. stmartin84

13. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

On the hompage click + > Shortcut > Better Cut > Activity

It takes a little while for that screen time come up, but it will give you every app and program on your phone. Select the activity, it then allows you to change the Icon and change the Name. Then click Create.

Let me know if this worked for you
  14. stmartin84

works! thanks! Let me know about the gmail app. thinking something to make all these iPhone users jealous. lol

Possibly one for my mac email too. I use a total of 3 email accounts, one gmail, two mac and three exchange server for my office.

Thanks Bro!
  15. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

sick icons dude. Been wanting an iPhone Adress Book look alike. I love throwing people off at work when I whip out my Eris and their like, "oo, is that an iPhone??" and I'm like "noooope"
  16. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

I should be able to whip something up ... wont be today though.
  17. stmartin84

Thanks man!
  18. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Ok, so I had a little time ....

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  19. stmartin84

Dude, you're unbelievable, thanks! Question, have you noticed while using the apps they somehow revert back to the original icon?
  20. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Which apps?
  21. stmartin84

Mainly the mail apps. I set the black one you did as my exchange email and the MAC email, but when it synchronized with their server it changed back to stock. Also under edit shortcuts there are swveral of the same listed. For example camera there is 3, camcorder there is 2, mail 4, messaging 2 is that normal? Is that taking up disk space?
  22. stmartin84

What is the second icon used for? What do you use the finder icon for?
  23. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

The second one os for Exchange ... the Mac one is for your Mac Email. I have never used a Mac, so I had no idea what to use. If you have a better idea post an image and I will create the icon with that.
  24. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

tomlin the images look great, i am impressed
  25. stmartin84

Yes, good job Tomlin!

It's so weird. I set the icons up and they look great until I get an email then it goes back to the native icon.