• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lg connect unlock and imei ?

Sorry if this is a repeat from anyone else's posts, i searched hard for this answer with no luck.

So i need to unlock my Lg connect ms840 to use on a different network (any other network) because i moved to a non metro pcs area.

i went to tmobile and got a new account, ported phone number over, swapped sim cards and nothing.. phone wont accept sim card, says not valid.

so i tryed to unlock it, the imei is only 14 digits, so none of the unlock websites can do it. so then i found out the sum+number divisable by ten formula to get last digit, but still nobody finds an unlock code.

So i called metro and finally got to a tech support, says phone can't be unlocked firmware is loaded to phone and says imei is only gonna be 14 digits cause its specific to metro, no hidden digit.

Anybody tryed to unlock the ms840? its listed on many sites as being able to but i have tryed 3 sites with 100% fail rate.

Thanks in advance

Sorry if this is a repeat from anyone else's posts, i searched hard for this answer with no luck.

So i need to unlock my Lg connect ms840 to use on a different network (any other network) because i moved to a non metro pcs area.

i went to tmobile and got a new account, ported phone number over, swapped sim cards and nothing.. phone wont accept sim card, says not valid.

so i tryed to unlock it, the imei is only 14 digits, so none of the unlock websites can do it. so then i found out the sum+number divisable by ten formula to get last digit, but still nobody finds an unlock code.

So i called metro and finally got to a tech support, says phone can't be unlocked firmware is loaded to phone and says imei is only gonna be 14 digits cause its specific to metro, no hidden digit.

Anybody tryed to unlock the ms840? its listed on many sites as being able to but i have tryed 3 sites with 100% fail rate.

Thanks in advance

The Lg Connect is a Cdma phone, that only uses its sim card to Connect to metropcs' LTE network. As I say this, I am pretty sure that you can't use a gsm sim card (normal) to connect to any other network. Sorry man :/

Reactions: xtenzzive
Upvote 0
yeah i found out today after going to a Cricket store.. they said they can flash it but we'll see if that holds true. They are cdma with the same card setup to connect to their network. Gotta cancel that new t mobile service i never even used, wonder what fees they gonna charge lol. my fault.

Aw man, sorry to hear that, explain your situation. Maybe they will waive it. It doesnt hurt to try brother.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately as far as I know, the LG Connect is MetroPCS only. However if Cricket can flash it let us know. The sim card in it, is for 4G LTE service only (AWS Band).

One thing though, TMobile did buy MetroPCS, so technically we are all TMobile subscribers now. But we still have to go through MetroPCS at least until they combine the networks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones