1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

lg esteem bluetooth & wifi will not turn on please helpSupport

1. john marshall

john marshall Member

please help i have 2 lg esteems with problems one cant use bluetooth or wifi just sais error when try to turn one on. the other phone wont make calls or text but web works please please please help

Advertisement
    :
  2. skrapmetal

skrapmetal Well-Known Member

I am guessing both of these aren't rooted... completely stock right? Have you tried factory resetting them?
  3. costarican

costarican Well-Known Member

I think one is on test mode
  4. john marshall

john marshall Member

the one that wifi and bluetooth is not working on is rooted i rooted it to hsve hotspot but never could get eather bluetooth or wifi to turn on since i baught phone it was used
  5. john marshall

john marshall Member

which ones on test mode and how do you turn it off
  6. john marshall

john marshall Member

oh yea i factory reseted both of them
  7. costarican

costarican Well-Known Member

Just press # key and if it goes to the hidden menu it is on test mode then and ull have to follow the guide on the all things root guide
  8. john marshall

john marshall Member

please help wifi and bluetooth will not turn on saying error
  9. john marshall

john marshall Member

lg esteem bluetooth and wifi wont turn on sais error freaking sucks i want the gs3 so bad this is bs
  10. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

First off welcome to the forum nice to see you chosen the lg esteem. See you having problems with your device . Hope we can help you get it fixed . May i take the time to ask if the device is rooted
    iowabowtech likes this.
  11. BRAINZ2013

First off welcome to the forum nice to see you chosen the lg esteem. See you having problems with your device . Hope we can help you get it fixed . May i take the time to ask if the device is rooted

Can close this thread just a duplicated thread from new user.:eek:
  12. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

13. gamer30168

gamer30168 Well-Known Member

i solve my broken wifi by placing my phone in a plastic sealed bag and placing it in the freezer until its cold. idk what temp but generally around 50deg Fahrenheit or less
  14. john marshall

john marshall Member

thank you for the welcome sorry if i seam angry its just this phone but yes its rooted i first baught phone from friend used the only thing that was wrong with it is this problem bluetooth or wifi neather work i rooted the phone so i can use as wifi tether i found an app that works thrue usb but would be so much better if wifi worked
  15. john marshall

john marshall Member

wow your frm mi me too cool thanx please help me more i have no idea what a zip is or how to go in to recovery and flash i did root the phone tho was trying to tether wifi i found app that lets me do it usb but would love to have the wifi
  16. BRAINZ2013

Well if you rooted it u can do the zip to repair it or you can copy and paste the bluetooth apps from the rom or from a factory zvd file . And paste them in the systems file and when it ask u if you want to override the apps that are present just click yes to all and power off device and power back on and u should have blue tooth ......you can do this for both phones the one rooted and the nonrooted one
  17. BRAINZ2013

Well just put another rom on it if its rooted
  18. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

do you know what rom it has on it? if you go to settings and then about phone and scroll down to build number it will tell you what its running.

what part of Michigan are you from? I'm from south east.
  19. john marshall

john marshall Member

i live on the east side of detroit by the detroit river and i checked its running gingerbread
  20. john marshall

john marshall Member

man you make that sound easy im not very good at this i kindve need step by step on how to do this ive tryd lookin on youtube and everything
  21. john marshall

john marshall Member

your probibly thinking this guy is dumb lol i am when it comes to computers and these phones trying to learn tho
  22. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

might want to try another ROM
  23. john marshall

john marshall Member

i dont know how to run another rom i have no knowledge when it comes to do alot of this stuff its just a bumber
  24. john marshall

john marshall Member

one guy on here told me to put it in the freezer lol i probibly should be careful on what i do and who i listen to whats next set on fire lol i might go for that one tho lol
  25. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member