• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Eve issues

HotBranch

Sep 20, 2010
I hope someone can help.

I've had my Eve for just over a year. I learned just how close to a year its been, as my touch screen has started to act seriously wonky lately. When I went to Rogers to find out what they could do, they said I'd just passed the warranty period, and then they tried to get me to switch to a Nokia. Um... No.

My problem was that I had a lock screen pattern and the screen would not recognize my touches. When it did, they were WAY off. I spent almost 24 hours looking for workarounds and hacks, to no avail. After about an hour of determined trial and error, I managed to unlock my phone and disabled the pattern lock. That was good until I tried to access icons on the left side of my screen and my touches were recognized on the right side (touching the dialer icon launched the messaging app).

After swapping my SIM card into my backup phone, I tried it again tonight and the touch screen seems to be back in good working order. I read somewhere that this could be a heat related issue, but I am not subjecting the phone to particularly harsh temperature conditions. Has anyone else had a similar issue like this? Also, when I try to re-calibrate the touch screen, I get an error message.

Update on the touch screen issue: it still acts up, but sticking it in the freezer for 5-10 minutes seems to do the trick. I have to be very careful about how I handle the phone, which is frustrating.

Also, I've been trying to root my phone, and I can't get any of my computers to recognize the phone when it's plugged in. I've tried a Windows XP and a Windows 7 machine, and the Android USB driver simply won't install. The LG application can't even detect my phone. I know my USB ports are working fine, but I'm stumped on how to get either of my computers to detect the phone and let me install the USB driver. I'm hardly a newbie when it comes to debugging computers, but this one has me stumped.

I've gone over the rooting procedures and am ready to take the leap (especially considering my phone is out of warranty), but I can't do diddly if the phone and the computer won't communicate.

Found the rebuilt driver and the phone is now rooted. My remaining problems, I'll address in the designated forum.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones