• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG G3 ROM port for the LG Ultimate 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upvote 0
Is there a very high chance that I will brick my device?
No. If you can flash a L70 ROM than you can flash a Ultimate 2 ROM. The LG Ultimate 2 is closer to the Realm then the L70 so yes it would work. We even got lollipop to boot on the LG Realm so yes it would work and the chances of you bricking are 0 to none.

Upvote 0
Hey i dont know if some one already told you this but, i found a pretty big bug. Today i flashed your G3 rom, when i weant to the display settings, and under lock screen, i changed the screen swipe effect. Then the UI kept crashing repeatedly, i couldnt do anything. The only way i got back into recovery was by calling myself. When I called the UI worked fine, I factory data reset and used TWRP to flash my recovery. I also i have question about the lolipop rom on the other falshable roms. Those screenshots taken, are they official or part of an upcoming update?

Upvote 0
Hey i dont know if some one already told you this but, i found a pretty big bug. Today i flashed your G3 rom, when i weant to the display settings, and under lock screen, i changed the screen swipe effect. Then the UI kept crashing repeatedly, i couldnt do anything. The only way i got back into recovery was by calling myself. When I called the UI worked fine, I factory data reset and used TWRP to flash my recovery. I also i have question about the lolipop rom on the other falshable roms. Those screenshots taken, are they official or part of an upcoming update?
Official. That bug I am working to fix.

Upvote 0
Oh yea i found one more bug in you rom, i dont remember the name of it, but in the G3 you can turn on a certain setting thats like google now in stock anroid, when i truned it on it only gave me static information, not live feed. THX
I am actually working on that right now! I am still having some issues with it. But what is the best part of the G3 ROM?

Upvote 0
ummm hmmmm, i liked the new feel of the settings, i also liked the icons, and the similarity of the stock luancher to the actual g3. Loved the fact that the annoying tracfone logo at boot was gone. One suggestion i have is, on the lock screen could you make it so that when you missed notification, they appear as card formate which you can touch to enter the app, thats one thing i hate about the L41C's stock rom

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones