• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG GT540 vs Motorola XT5 XT502

Hmm I think I might just go with the GT540. The forum for the Motorola is pretty much empty on here and I think I'd get more help with the GT540.

How good is the screen though? I heard that alot of people hate resistive because it's not very responsive.

It's not as unresponsive as many people think it's actualy really responsive, my screen still has the plastic cover protection and it's pretty responsive

Upvote 0
Would I notice a big difference between the two phones? I'm thinking about the XT5 but it's over $150 more than the LG. But then with the LG, I'd have to upgrade it to 2.1 and I have no idea how safe it is to do that.

Would the LG be able to run most of the 2.1 apps that are out there without any issues?

Upvote 0
Would I notice a big difference between the two phones? I'm thinking about the XT5 but it's over $150 more than the LG. But then with the LG, I'd have to upgrade it to 2.1 and I have no idea how safe it is to do that.

Would the LG be able to run most of the 2.1 apps that are out there without any issues?

Well, the motorola packs more RAM (256) vs the GT540 (150) ,the CPU it's the same 600mhz on both devices, so in paper the motorola should be faster ,if you go with the LG you can use the roms provided they are easy to install

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones