• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lg ms-840 reception problems!??

thor9321

Lurker
Jun 12, 2013
I have only had two smartphones to speak of for experience.: the all time unfortunate samsung indulge, and its all time replacement buddy, the lg ms-840. I was promised the world with the indulge like everyone else, but you just cant squeeze too much outta a first generation smartphone without charging 2-3 times the amount initially metro said, which left me out. But now, i thought i might had caught a break having the connect, again promised way better reception than the last phone, all and all, after having the phone for 3 weeks the lte signal hardware fried leaving me standing smack dabb in metro's own 4g enriched environment with a less than human frail and failing intermittant 1x for 1min. Out of 10 min. blank service! So, they replaced it with another one, and sent mine back. That was 3 weeks ago, ive since caught 1 virus and had to reset the phone, and within 18 hrs. Screwed up and accidentally caught the same virus again......and did another reset. Well, to say the least, the only reason i caught a virus in the first place was out of desperation for finding some reasonable way to improve my service reception,, now my service is great when im running atound town or outside the home even a block, bit when im at home at rest, its hard to get rid of the faulty annoying 1x in favor of ev or 4g its seemed like the pho doesnt know what i want here, so flops around.....i keep thinking if it was purely reception, the ev+ would always be missing, is there a code or app that could turn 1x off while letting the phone realize this forcing it to make one of the other two useable without hurting it or leaving me with no service? Something i can input myself ##35677** like?? Or an app that isnt on google play that doesnt leave me with a phone throwing a tantrum because it had a foreign entity forcing it to change? From experience, if you force this phone, it tantrums and not only fights the app, eventually winning, bit it then refuses to operate on its own, reception then sucks the same but everywhere! No, the app would have to ask like with actuall permitted built in codes found in the phone already, and Metro isnt interested in helping there. Is there a universal code book with safeties and reverse codes for oops available here or in europe that might make itself available for try?

Desperately trying to hold out .....

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones