• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Optimus Elite "loses" apps when turned off

clp772

Lurker
May 13, 2013
I've had the Elite for about two weeks (previously had the Optimus V), and the two times I've turned the phone off, I've had issues with apps not working (getting a message saying I need to remove and re-insert my SD card); also the first time I powered back on my wallpaper was not saved. Turning the phone off has also altered my ringtone settings.

For the apps issue, I re-inserted the SD card, but the apps still weren't accessible. I had to go to through Applications>Manage Applications and manually move each app back to the SD card to get them to work at all. This can't possibly be the way this is supposed to work.

Is this possibly an issue of being impatient for the phone to get back up to speed after being powered on? I never had any issue remotely like this with my Optimus V; apps worked immediately upon powering up. My husband also has the Elite but he has not had this issue (though he does have fewer apps than I).

It's possible there's an issue with the sd card. Sometimes they don't quite fit right and need to be shimmed so they don't loose contact. If it's an older card the contacts could be worn or dirty. If the contacts on the card look dirty, try rubbing them with an eraser to clean any gunk off.

Other options are to reformat the card, or use a different card altogether.

Upvote 0
actually it is an issue that involves the phone using its own internal "sdcard" partition. so when you move something to your external sdcard and then reboot at a later point..it disappears. there are swap mods of all sorts online. some work for certain devices,some not so much. experimenting and seeing what works is the best option. there is a developer on the xda forums who takes requests for devices who want to swap internal for external. all you need to do is post in his thread the request and include your vold.fstab file that he can then edit the partition information. it will be a try and see approach for the elite.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Artine
Upvote 0
in fact here is a modified optimus elite swap file for the sprint variant. i dont think the two will be very different in how they have their internal sdcard mounts. but always make a back up just in case. maybe a dev here on the elite forums can take a crack at this and see if it will work for you guys. Dev-Host - modified vold.fstab for lg elite.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

I don't suppose I'm a very sophisticated user when it comes to delving into this sort of thing. I have absolutely no idea what a swap file is or how I go about using this possible fix. Help?! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones