• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Optimus V Bluetooth stopped working for music player

I have made a switch to LG Optimus V on Virgin Mobile from my VZW Moto droid 2 global phone last months and everything was honky-dory. I have a Samsung HM3700 BT headset with A2DP capability which worked fine for both phones when I am listening to music (in mono mode, not using the extra stereo headphones as I usually listen to audio books and podcasts, not much music)

Yesterday, I've installed the free version of Astro player from the play store, as it gave me the chance of variable speed play. And when I launched it (while BT was paired and on) it ignored the BT connection and started playing the audio on the speaker. Several attempts to stop BT headset and reboot the phone, did not help.

I uninstalled the app but even the default music player doesn't recognize the BT headset anymore and plays through the speaker. I tried unpairing the BT and pairing it back again to no difference in behavior. My last ditch effort is to reset the phone to factory settings and start from scratch but I am not even sure if this will be a solution.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones