• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LG Stylo 2 Plus Discussion

Now, reading how some people bricking while rooting or modifying after root, heres a few pointers.

The TWRP does work but has some warnings.
You can boot into TWRP by
terminal emulator: reboot recovery.
On a pc using ADB commands.
An app called reboot recovery the green one with white writing.
HARD RESET actually factory resets the phone but TWRP is still installed.

Back-up and restore does work.
I flashed the Marshmallow Systemless root su.zip instead of the one on the XDA root guide.
Root works with no problem as long as busybox is installed.

This phone is very sensative to the wrong modification so be carefull on too many changes to the file system.

Format adoptable storage via build.prop edit if you like. Adb shell command didn't work.

No changing the DPI on this one. Force closes on mms and dialer apk's.

Xposed works but I stress but because Unbeloved hosts soft bricked me. I haven't tested other mods so be cautious.
Each time I soft bricked , the hard reset then adb reboot recovery plus keeping two TWRP back-ups saved me.
I have yet sucessfully restored via .kdz LGUP or any other method.
Hopefully the community can post a way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK, call me ignorant but I have no clue of what all of that meant. I've always used Galaxy cells but when my S5 died a slow, agonizing and annoying death I couldn't afford an S7 or keep paying US Cell's immense rates. So I went with the Cricket Stylo 2. I, naively thought that one Android would transfer my gallery pics easily to another. Was I ever wrong! I've tried every way the net has told me to do. I've gotten both phones paired but still can't transfer my pics to anything but One Drive. As a seller, I need my pics in gallery to upload my items to my sites. Any ideas on how to transfer them? I'm desperate, to say the least. I can't even download all Google Play Store apps to this phone. Just get an error message that they aren't compatible. What's the deal? I've always liked LG products in the past but now I'm stuck with a pretty much useless phone. Please help! Thank you for your time and consideration, Justjoy1221

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones