• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lg thrill on t-mobile

trayluv73

Sep 22, 2010
I traded my Samsung galaxy II for a LG Thrill because I had the HTC Evo 3D when I was with Sprint but they kicked me off because I was using too much of their unlimited service, anyway I got my LG Thrill and I unlocked it but I CAN ONLY GET EDGE ON IT!! What do I need to do to atleast get 3g. PLEASE HELP!! I know the 4G is on another frequency but the 3g isn't.

Try flashing one of the gingerbread basebands from xda and then the build.prop tweaks to speed it up. When I did that, I got 4g over tmobile. Read carefully first, because its not for the faint of heart. Pm me if you have any problems. I've already flashed mine back to stock to sell it because I got the LG Spectrum over the weekend.

Upvote 0
If you've tested all T-mobile APN settings on your device and each time only receive EDGE speeds, then it isn't possible to go any faster. I'm using Straight Talk on my device, Unlimited everything for $45/month. I get HSPA+ speeds. It uses both the T-mobile and AT&T network, meaning you get roaming between those two networks. Works great, forget T-mobile. Straight Talk sim cards also work on almost any other T-mobile or AT&T device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones