• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Tribute

Sparow79

May 13, 2015
Ok, I'm probably just missing the threads somewhere and if so, i apologize. I have a few questions about the LG Tribute, my new phone. Don't hate... I was using the Optimus Elite until two days ago lol. Do this tribute is a dream by comparison. I'm wondering if anyone else uses this phone. I have it rooted. I'm not sure which roms, if any, would work or be useful. I'm also curious about the so-called Encryption that i see I the settings. I've found no documentation on this at all. I want to know the details of it. LG support had no answer for me yesterday. I also would like to know, assuming others have a tribute, for security, would they choose something like Avast AntiTheft, or the Encryption found in the settings? Alot, i know, sorry. Any advice, tips, tricks, warnings, would be great.

Ok, I'm probably just missing the threads somewhere and if so, i apologize. I have a few questions about the LG Tribute, my new phone. Don't hate... I was using the Optimus Elite until two days ago lol. Do this tribute is a dream by comparison. I'm wondering if anyone else uses this phone. I have it rooted. I'm not sure which roms, if any, would work or be useful. I'm also curious about the so-called Encryption that i see I the settings. I've found no documentation on this at all. I want to know the details of it. LG support had no answer for me yesterday. I also would like to know, assuming others have a tribute, for security, would they choose something like Avast AntiTheft, or the Encryption found in the settings? Alot, i know, sorry. Any advice, tips, tricks, warnings, would be great.

Currently there is no dedicated forums for the LG Tribute, the only thread that really exists can be found here.
http://androidforums.com/threads/lg-tribute-root.907888/

Being as there does appear to be a working root method for this device and all its variants, as well as a working recovery, I will contact the Mods and see if we can get an official spot for this device.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I was getting no where with my other research, so I bit the bullet and decided to try it anyway. I decided against "Anti'Theft", my reason, I've never been stupid enough to let me phone out of my site, and Google already has a Device Manager that I can use. I DID activate the Full Encryption that comes with the phone itself. Sadly, right now anyway, the same password/code you use to unlock your screen, is the same as the password/code you will use to unlock your phone at each boot. There is no way around this via the phone itself. I am sure there is a way, I just haven't looked yet, but as far as the phone itself is concerned, one password/code for Full Encryption and Screen Lock. Which is a bit of a downer due to each time your screen goes off you must enter a (hopefully) long password. (if not, why even bother..).

So far, I have noticed no noticeable issues with the device performance and encryption. Which is good.

Upvote 0
Snagged 2 of them for $40/ea at bestbuy yesterday morning. My Awe was starting to have rendering problems, so I made the jump to a new device. I'm already rooted/twrp installed and severely debloated. This thing is epic! Runs like a dream. This phone does not slow down no matter how hard you push it. The stock LG apps are actually worth using too, which really flipped my world upside down. UnjustifiedDev over on xda already has CM12 into beta for our device. Another user you'll want to keep an eye out for is high247, he started a thread over there to collect tweaks for our device. Development is really jumping for this phone lately. I definitely did send a message asking about getting a proper forum for our phone... Hopefully with any luck we'll see one crop up over the next few weeks. I'm amazed there isn't one already considering.

Last edited:
Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Um.. that's good. As for the XDA forums, I'd like to see a thread there too. I'm more interested in things to lock this thing down, i.e. full encryption. Hoping to see some others that are also wanting, or already doing this.

(pretty sure I with the exception of the google aps, I use no stock apps. Waste of... well.. everything lol.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones