• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Volt screen flickers

Odd, I have tried tirelessly to recreate this complication and to no avail I can't get my screen to flicker...must've been a bad batch. I always pick the package with the least damage possible, might be a nitpick move but I have been rather lucky with obtaining no lemons/already damaged goods.
The LG Volt is my first lemon LOL 😩😫 I've never had a defective phone :S

Upvote 0
Well, I decided to give up. The new replacement has flickering too and light leakage (But I can only see it when I restart the phone, I suppose because the dark background).
The guys at BB connected the phones to the store's wifi and the screen flickers with their connection too.

When you get a chance, talk to a manager at Best Buy about the problem. They usually provide excellent customer service. See if you can come back in 30 to 90 days and replace it with a fresh stock phone. Let them know that the issues you have are NOT normal with this (or any) phone.

My experience with LG has always been positive. I think there is a bad batch of early production Volts out there of that need to work through the supply chain.

I got my Volt through Virgin Mobile and it has not had any problems. Good Luck! (again and again).

Upvote 0
Hi,
I've had the LG Volt for 2 weeks and I just noticed that the screen flickers a few seconds after I turn the WiFi on. :( Is that normal? :thinking:

Thank you in advance.
;):)

CORRECTION: The screen flickers a few seconds after IT CONNECTS TO THE WIFI and I've had the phone for 10 days.
I just got mine on the 4th and I noticed that the screen flickers when playing words with friends sometimes switching between games. I have only had it for a few days but if it continues I will return it to bestbuy.

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'll try... My husband left me alone with the BB guy and my bad english, LOL 😂... He's annoyed because I've been exchanging the phone 😥
I've tried recreating the problem to no avail as well. No screen flicker on my device but my experience with best buy is they will make it right. Back March a phone rep told me a device was in Stock while ON MY WAY up to the store. Get there 12 minutes later to find out it was out of stock. The store was on my way home, so I wasn't mad about it but my wife told me to call and complain cause she didn't feel like stopping there in the first place but I made the call because the rep said it was in Stock, I didn't care but she called and they mailed us a $20 bb gift card for our trouble. I used my $ for the device on a ps4 and used the gift card for a headset for the ps4. Needless to say my wife and I weren't mad about being lied to. I say all this to say their customer service helped me in that situation. I can't complain about best buy

Upvote 0
I just noticed the every thing I open from here (See picture) is when the screen flickers. When I open the Memo, calculator, voice mate...
ynyva2a8.jpg

Upvote 0
SAME ISSUE HERE... i think i got the worst one, just bought this lg volt yesterday (was excited too) but then after a few minutes of turning it on the screen started to fluctuate from dim to light and its freakin annoying, cant even see the pictures, its like losing power except d battery is full... ive read great reviews about this phone and its performance.. im really dissappointed, nd its my first LG

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones