• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps License check timed out (Expansion file won't download)

whizslo

Lurker
Mar 24, 2012
Hello!

I have a problem with my app that is using Expansion file. I've finished developing the app and I've uploaded it to Google Play as a Beta. When I download the app, obb files download with it so there's no probelm so far. But then I deleted the obb file and tried to download it manually with an app to see if the Downloader Library works.

That's when the problem begins. The app won't download the Expansion file itself because it says that "the resources were not found".

I checked LogCat and i think there's an issue with a license because at the time when download should begin, this appears in the LogCat:

08-20 15:15:15.437 27600-27600/? I/LicenseChecker﹕ Calling checkLicense on service for com.mhacinapps.sleepwithnaturesounds
08-20 15:15:15.437 27600-27600/? I/LicenseChecker﹕ Start monitoring timeout.

Any idea what could be causing this?

I literally copied Google's sample code for Expansion downloading so I don't know how there can be any trouble. I've edited the code to suit my app, I've iserted my own Base64 public key.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones