Light Next to USB port

Last Updated:

1. Moose

Moose Active Member This Topic's Starter

Why is it that the usb port light only comes on after I plug my phone in while is dark, instead of WHILE I am trying to plug it it! A little guidence to plugging in would be better than telling me its plugged in, theres and on screeen indicator of that!

Any help in getting it on with being plugged in?

Advertisement
  2. addyct

addyct Active Member

are you new to cell phones?

3. icstars989

icstars989 Well-Known Member

It comes on to let you know it's plugged in. It would be a tough pull to have it know when the cable is in it's proximity. Even then, the thing is so dim anyhow.

4. Moose

Moose Active Member This Topic's Starter

Why would I be new to cellphones, I have never had a phone that had and LED next to the port, EVER, sorry, and I have had many phones. I am simply thinking of a app, kinda like the flashlight apps that keep on the camera flash.

5. addyct

addyct Active Member

so you want it to always be on when its dark (or when your phone is in your pocket)?
    That seems like a bad idea. Is it really that hard for you to find the port?

6. travva

travva Well-Known Member

yeah this is the dumbest thread in history.

7. travva

travva Well-Known Member

Hey guys how to make the green light always be on???? If it's always green i can use it to direct traffic. Thx.

8. rondo777

rondo777 Well-Known Member

That light isnt there to guide you to the socket and its not only on in the dark. Its a charge indicater. when the phone is plugged in and charging the light is on, when the phone is fully charged it goes off.

9. michaelk

michaelk Well-Known Member

i think it's just odd that it's white. usually such indicators are red or maybe green. So white just seems weird.

10. bigbill25

bigbill25 Well-Known Member

It's "edgy" and "hip"...

I am glad there is a light. It's nice to know when it's done charging without having to unlock the screen.

--Bill

11. michaelk

michaelk Well-Known Member

and that there in is the problem! I'm old and anything but hip or edgy - laughing.

But seriously I guess it's kind of all mixed in that white LED's are newer so they just haven't been used much ourside of camera flashes and the like yet. But they'll become that much more commonplace to mix with the other colors over time. I guess my old butt needs to get used to it. :D