• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Link2SD on Moto Droid - Damaged SDcard

Tek34

Nov 19, 2009
Chicago
Has anyone successfully been able to use the Link2SD on a original Motorola Droid? On v2.2.1? My understanding is that this market app should allow even more internal phone contents to be moved to the SD card and should allow more options, yet work concurrently with the Froyo v2.2 App2SD.

I used the free Minitool Partition Wizard to shrink my current Fat32 sdcard partition and add a second primary Fat32 partition after it on the same sd card. However each time I reboot my phone itsays that my SDcard is Damaged. My card reader has no issues with this class 4, 8GB sdcard, but the Droid does even after repair attempts. The card is fine again if I let my Droid re-format the sdcard and copy all my files back to it from my backup.

Did I miss something or should I try a different partition tool or a different file system for the secondary partition?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones