• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

List of Weather location blackspots

Mine displays the weather fine... for a small village about five miles from where I actually am.

I live in Worksop, a town of around 30-35,000 people. Smack in the middle of Worksop, no less. So obviously my location, according to the phone, is Clumber and Hardwick, a tiny village of about ten people.

However, when I'm at work, which is nearer C&H, my location is given as Worksop! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
To add to your list. Thought martlesham and Kesgrave were working they no longer do on mine. I've reset it, removed sim etc etc. Still all itr shows is Current Location.

So ;

Debenham, Suffolk UK
Kesgrave, Suffolk UK
Martlesham, Suffolk UK

Anyone been able to get hold of HTC to get to the bottom of this or are HTC not going to be supporting their own phones properly in large international markets?? I swapped out from Samsungs for this and was at first fairly impressed, as times gone on its got worse though...

Hello HTC please wake up and acknowledge you have a massive market here in the UK and Europe that needsproper support

Never thought of it before, but mine used to show my home village, but now just displays Tendring which is the District

Andrew

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones