• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lite Flow text message alert won't turn off

stephen65

Jun 25, 2011
Huntsville, Alabama
A few days ago Lite Flow updated but this time it also gave a message that I needed to restart the phone which I did.

Now when I get a text message and I look at it, the light is still blinking on the front of my Galaxy S3 like I have an unanswered message. Regardless of how many times I go into my text messages that light won't turn off.

The only way I've found to turn it off is to open up the Lite Flow app then back out of it.

Has anyone else ran into this or know what might be causing it?

Have you checked the notification settings? Is it possible it is set to only disable the notification when you clear the notification instead of opening the app?

Alternatively, has the update enabled an additional notification using the same color for another app?

I haven't had any issues myself since the update, though I will keep an eye out.:)

Upvote 0
Have you checked the notification settings? Is it possible it is set to only disable the notification when you clear the notification instead of opening the app?

Alternatively, has the update enabled an additional notification using the same color for another app?

I haven't had any issues myself since the update, though I will keep an eye out.:)

Yes I looked in the notification settings to see if anything had changed or if there was a setting that disabled the notification when you cleared it and I didn't see anything. When I backed out of that is when I first noticed that is how to clear the light.

The update hasn't changed any other notifications to that color because I had a missed call, which is another color, cleared that and the light stayed off. So it appears that it was just text messages only.

Make sure lightflow is enabled in Security, Device Administrators and in Accessability :thumbup:

I checked those settings and Liteflow was not in Device Administrators. Only Device Managers was in there but it was not checked. I also looked in Accessibility and Lite Flow was turned off. I turned it back on but haven't got a text message since to check it. If that was the cause, could that update and then the restart have turned it off?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones