• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

little confused about updates

Greetings,

My name is Richard and I am a recovering Mac addict... (hello Rich) Although I have never owned one of apples mobile communication devises, I disapprove of what they have become. So now I am wading though Ubuntu and learning to swim in the linux pool. Hence I find the android os very interesting. now for my question. Are all android phones os upgradeable. I like what android brings to the table and would loke to get a phone for my son. Boost mobile has the Motorola i1, which for the 50.00 a month on prepaid seems to work for me since if I need to take it away I wont have to be locked in a contract. Gives me parental power, BWAWW HA HA! I am concerned about the perceved limitations of OS 1.5 or 1.6 or whichever one it comes with. You see was believed that all Android phones were upgradeable as new releases became availble. If I do choose the i1, will we be stuck with the current os only? Thank you for your responces.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones