• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LittlePhoto installed remove pre-installed camera app?

Hello all,

I've installed LittlePhoto on my phone and love it, much better than SE pre-installed camera nonsense.

Just wondering is it safe to remove the pre-installed camera app or will I end up with a non-working camera? Also will this mean that LittlePhoto then becomes the default camera, so when I press the camera button on the side of the phone it will be through LittlePhoto (or is there some other way of making it the default).

These are probably stupid questions. I apologise! I'm trying to learn ^^

Oh I was also thinking about updating from 2.1 to 2.2, sooo is the camera much better in 2.2 not to fuss with all of the above?

I did have a hunt around for an answer about the camera app, but couldn't see anything so even more apologies if I have just been blind, feel free to shove me in the right direction.

Thank you!
Kitty

Hello and welcome to the forums!

The stock camera is probably built in to Android and may not be able to be removed - click on show below for information on removing stuff that came pre-installed.

If you want to remove pre-installed carrier bloatware / apps that came with the phone which were installed by the carrier, such as game demos, sound hound and the like, then you would need to root your phone. Please bear in mind that rooting your phone voids your warrantee, however there are also positives to doing so (like the removal of pre-installed apps). More info on rooting can be found in the

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones