Live Mail Sync

Last Updated:

1. a7mdo

a7mdo Member This Topic's Starter

is there an app to sync my live email account using pop3 ? i tried the email option on my phone i receive the emails but it wont automatically sync even if i check on check every 5 minutes....is there any app or fix to that problem ? thanks

Advertisement
  2. vzw+google+htc=:)

vzw+google+htc=:) Well-Known Member

What settings are you using for the pop3? Port numbers?

3. a7mdo

they are all correct at first it was auto but i checked with live support and all setting is correct...so there is no problem there i guess

4. vzw+google+htc=:)

Server Port Numbers
    Outgoing Mail (SMTP): 465
    Incoming Mail (POP3): 995
    Must Check

5. a7mdo

thats how my settings are set and still same thing...i used k-9 mail but it receives black emails i dont know whats the problem

6. vzw+google+htc=:)

What phone do you have and who is the pop3 provider?

7. a7mdo

Galaxy S and i use live mail " hotmail "

8. vzw+google+htc=:)

9. vzw+google+htc=:)

10. a7mdo

thanks for the setting...but they are the same and the same thing i got i can get mails but there is no syncing i only get notified about new emails every 2 days..

11. vzw+google+htc=:)

Try this for hotmail.

12. a7mdo

i tried it ...at first i send a test email and i got notified after 15 minutes...the second one after 2 hours...it was good enough ...atleast better than nothing...but later on i discovered that i had mails from 6 hours now and i still didnt receive them on my phone

13. Soled

Soled New Member

As Android progresses it only gets better (meaning the syncing features with non Google products and ultimately the processing capabilities that can and are used).

For Hotmail on Android 2.2 and above, I do not know anything below 2.2 as I have not had the need to use it, these are the instructions you follow. They use the Microsoft Exchange in sync with Android. How to ActiveSync Hotmail Mail, Calendar and Contacts with Android | These are the Droids

Very useful piece of information for those who use "Hotmail" but I, as the person who made this thread, use Windows Live Mail. A solid application that I choose to use over Outlook express (as the Live feature is needed but in a stand alone program).

A very old thread I know. The replys just weren't there and it was the only thread I could find with the slightest bit of information that I needed (as in the issue of syncing Windows Live Mail with Android).
    I don't want my Hotmail contacts. I want the contacts I have with Microsoft that I choose to use (Windows Live Mail).

I have my Gmail in sync with my Windows Live Mail and obviously my Gmail syncs with my phone cos that's what happens with Android.
    I won't stop the syncing with Gmail but I got rid of the Hotmail syncing and need the WLM sync (as these are contacts from both groups with more than just email addresses).

Peace!