• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Live Wallpaper-Maps don

catpowrd

Dec 26, 2009
I installed Live Wallpapers and then the maps app at first I thought it was neat but it only seams to update or change location once or twice a day, not very live. Also there are no controls to zoom in or out, only normal, satellite and terrain. No popup to zoom and no way to change the update rate. Right now it is showing a location I was at 18 hours ago. If I use the map app not as a wallpaper it works fine, blue flashing icon on my location and moves as I do, when I close the app or go back to main screen wallpaper is still 75 miles away where I was 18 hour ago.

Thank you for the reply. Double tap to zoom in works but the two finger single tap does not zoom out. Since live wallpaper maps does not use GPS it must only use sprint cell towers. I live and work in a rural area that has few cell towers so it only seems to get enough towers to update when I get near a bigger city that has more than one tower. It still seems to update hours later to a place I passed by sometime ago. It does occasionally bring up my home location with the blue icon but I think that has something to do with me bringing up the regular map app from home. When I am home I am 10 miles from any cell towers so it can not be triangulating from the cell towers. The only way I get sprint service is with a repeater and a parabolic grid on a 75ft tower.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones