• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Live wallpaper problem since 2.3.3 gingerbread update

Hey guys,
I'm experiencing a problem with the live music wallpaper on my HTC desire hd since the 2.3.3 update. I'm actually referring to all music wallpapers. the orange bars, blue bars and Vu meter wallpapers have all been corrupted. At first glance they appear to be working although when I unlock my phone it takes a bit longer for the live wallpaper to respond. The problem I'm having is when I play music through the standard media player the wallpaper doesn't respond to the music and move. It worked fine before the update. However when I go to the media player and change the equalizer settings from "dolby mobile" or "SRS enhancement" to NO EFFECTS the wallpaper works normally. Unlike other users I've had no problems with low battery or signal strength I actually find this os more efficent apart from this very annoying problem with music wallpaper PLEASE HELP...

COME ON GUYS!!!

Your making us look like a bunch of iphone users, 146 views on this thread. Does anyone else have these problems with gingerbread update?

I would turn to HTC but i feel they only about big technical problems of which you have to send your phone away. or reset factory default...

Sorry mate... I've not heard of this issue before. I tend not to use live wallpapers as they, usually, zap your battery power! :)

EDIT - know this doesn't help you, but wanted you to know that we are not just ignoring you!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones