• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

living abroad, Play Store content on Nexus has switched country, my phone has not?!

Hi All,

So, I live in Italy but bought both my Galaxy Phone and Nexus in the UK.

The Play Store on my Nexus displays Italian content, but oddly my phone displays UK content, this is all while on the same WIFI network?!

I dont understand!? I would much prefer to access uk content on my tablet as well!

Any help would be appreciated.

Rich.

Yes the phone has a UK sim, although even when I'm at home on my Italian WiFi it shows UK content, weird.

That's what I guessed, I'm sure Google Play gives you the content for whatever country the SIM is from, e.g. "Vodafone UK Samsung Galaxy". If you were to put an Italian SIM in it, you'd get the Italian Google Play content.

I take it the Nexus is WiFi only and does't have a SIM. So that's why it's getting the content and language for Italy. You could try spoofing the Italian IP address using a UK VPN or proxy with the Nexus, that might work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones