• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Local communication between devices

Hi,

So I was wondering if anyone could explain to me(or point me to a good tutorial) on how to implement local communication between two devices within the same application. What I'm asking for is how to make it so that a user of the app is able to ping a device of his choice, that is within a certain radius of the user's location. So if this radius is 1km, then the user would have a list of all the active users of the app within 1km, and could then ping the user of his/her own choice.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hi,

So I was wondering if anyone could explain to me(or point me to a good tutorial) on how to implement local communication between two devices within the same application. What I'm asking for is how to make it so that a user of the app is able to ping a device of his choice, that is within a certain radius of the user's location. So if this radius is 1km, then the user would have a list of all the active users of the app within 1km, and could then ping the user of his/her own choice.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Try Tango.apk in Google Play
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sgiggle.production

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones