• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Location logger

Ian S

Lurker
Sep 5, 2015
Hi,

I'm looking to make an app to log locations, the idea being to use it to help with my golf.

What I'm after is an app that responds to a bluetooth remote shutter so that when the shutter button is pushed, the app logs my current location and vibrates. At the end of the round, I would like to be able to email the location log so I can get it on my computer for analysis. This way I can have the remote on my belt and my phone in my pocket and can quickly log where I'm taking each shot from.

There are already apps like gamegolf out there for this kind of thing, but where they fall short for me is I have to take my phone out every time and I want to get access to the raw data.

Can anyone help? It sounded simple enough to me, but after having a go on Android Studio I can't seem to get it working.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones