• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lock screen animation after swiping down the gray arc?

dvdqnoc

Android Enthusiast
Sep 7, 2009
I've noticed that with some of the higher end Sense phones, such as the Droid Incredible and Evo 4g, there are different animations when swiping down the lock screen arc.

For us Hero users, when we pull down the arc, the entire lockscreen wallpaper image comes down with it. However, when performing the same gesture on the phones I mentioned above, it seems that the gray arc pulls down (without the lockscreen wallpaper), and after the arc is pulled down, the lockscreen wallpaper fades away and the homescreen is shown.

I think the second time of animation is way cooler... any chance of it come to the Hero, or perhaps, via a custom ROM? The reason for my doubt is because the HTC Legend also runs 2.1, but has the same unlock animation as the current Hero. Also, all the leaks/custom 2.1 roms I've seen videos of also have the same unlock animation as the current Hero.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones