• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock screen keeps rotating.

tablet2011

Mar 3, 2011
Macclesfield UK
I bought The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and have to say i love it apart from the Lock screen keeps moving round and round when i move the Tablet but i have the it unticked to stop it doing that.

so why does it still do it on the lock screen? is there anyway i can get rid of the lock screen or do i have to put up with it?

Just posting here also to hope for a solution. It's absolutely annoying as s**t. It doesn't matter if the device has had screen rotation turned off completely, locked down in another position; the lock screen still rotates and makes pattern unlock totally annoying and disruptive as a user experience, for absolutely no good reason that I can tell. Waaaaaah.

Upvote 0
yeah that happened to me, just do this: >settings>lockscreen>screen lock > and choose "none".

or you can download different lockscreens via google play (go locker , holo locker)

or, turn off auto rotate by doing this: pull down notifaction bar (swipe down from the top of screen), and click "screen rotation", and it will turn off the auto rotate feature.

hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones