• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

lock/unlock sound effects

in messing with these sounds, you need to be careful on their length as to long and it kind of gets annoying. also, remember, "locking" is the same as turning off your screen, so EVERY time you unlock or turn screen off get ready to hear these sounds. I know this is obvious, but I found, it can get kind of obnoxious. that is why I think I will just try to find quick sounds like what we have as stock, but just better than what we have stock.

the 2 I had were female voices that said

"welcome (my name)"
"Goodbye (my name)"

and i even felt those were to long believe it or not.

Upvote 0
SUCCESS.. it all came down to making the ogg files

on a Mac I used mp3 files and opened them with an app called Switch, in Switch I then exported as ogg files. I then placed them on my SD card via USB. I then used Root Explorer to mount as r/w and "zipped" the 2 old files Unlock.ogg and Lock.ogg (so I could go back), I then used root explorer to "move" my 2 new files from my SD card to /system/media/audio/ui and viola.. they played.

so, maybe the first time around was an issue of trying to convert wav files to ogg made them junk but making mo3 to ogg worked.

Cool, I used Switch also.

Upvote 0
Scratch my above post. Just setup another cool idea. I had these starwars sounds that included saber-on and saber-off sounds. Now when i wake up my droid, it makes the sound of a lightsaber turning on, then when i put it to sleep, its the sound of a lightsaber turning off. EPIC! Love how you can make YOUR Droid YOURS!

can you zip them up and attach them here? I would like to hear them.

Upvote 0
Anybody know where I can find the iPhone unlock sound, I like that one.

GET THE ROPE..

Scratch my above post. Just setup another cool idea. I had these starwars sounds that included saber-on and saber-off sounds. Now when i wake up my droid, it makes the sound of a lightsaber turning on, then when i put it to sleep, its the sound of a lightsaber turning off. EPIC! Love how you can make YOUR Droid YOURS!
Sweetness

Upvote 0
Hmmm - short story, not really, but long story, I might know of a (long) way of doing it.

it has to do with volume normalization, only instead of just unequivocally increasing / lowering the volume across the board, I used to use a (fairly old) app to achieve my normalization on my old MP3s.

MP3Gain

it still works, even in Vista / 7, and it employs a fairly neat algorithm to normalize the volume.

Of course, if you're using another file format, first make the MP3, lower the normalization, and then convert it to the other format, and try it out.

Upvote 0
Wow Lock-N-Load totally missed your post with the lightsaber sounds. Sound clearer than the ones i had and the saber on sounds more like the lightsaber turning on. The one i got sounds more like a hit. Gonna try them out.

EDIT: Though, the saber off doesnt sound as good as the one i had. So im using the saber on from the site in your post and the saber off i had. put them at the highest quality on switch and they sound perfect.

Upvote 0
I use Audio Manager Widget from the market. Gives you access to system volume. I can understand how it would get annoying to hear the sounds that loud when your only unlocking and locking your phone.

yeah, I forgot I had that and on a hunch, I went in and set the system sounds volume to about 2. that makes using these sounds not so LOUD

Adjusting system volume effects lock screen, keyboard, dial pad and selection sounds. I think that's it, dont know of any other system sound.

I agree, and for me, I use none of those so no biggie if they are low also as they are never on :)

Wow Lock-N-Load totally missed your post with the lightsaber sounds. Sound clearer than the ones i had and the saber on sounds more like the lightsaber turning on. The one i got sounds more like a hit. Gonna try them out.

EDIT: Though, the saber off doesnt sound as good as the one i had. So im using the saber on from the site in your post and the saber off i had. put them at the highest quality on switch and they sound perfect.

yeah, I looked for your saber sounds but did not see them, in the end, I just used the ones from the above post #18 as there are a bunch of good saber sounds.

but frankly I ended up using that "soft.mp3" tone and made it both my Lock and Unlock.ogg files as it is perfect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones