• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lockout Screen Modification

Tiny65

Nov 23, 2010
I searched and could not find an answer:eek:.

When my screen is locked and I open it to unlock using the pattern the below information is listed above the patern:

This phone belongs to:
(Pic of a clock) ---
protected by antivirus

My question is how can I modify line 1?
What the heck is line 2?
No problems with line 3.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....:D

**UPDATE**

OK, I feel like an idiot....Sorry folks for this.

I loaded "AVG Antivirus Pro" and as part of this program it puts this info on the lockout screen. In the AVG settings you can modify this information to whatever you like.

Again sorry for the post but hope it helps if someone else notices this and has no idea what the heck to do.....

Upvote 0
The next thing you might notice is that your battery drains really quickly... I loaded AVG a few weeks ago and, whilst it intially looked extremely promising, I found that its anti-theft location-tracking feature meant that it turned the GPS on every few seconds. On the version I tried there didn't seem to be any way to disable this or modify the position update frequency so I unloaded the program. Lots of other people have found this to make the program unusable so I'm sure AVG will fix it but, because ownership still seems to be somewhere in the air between AVG and the original developers, it's not clear when this will happen or how it will be publicised.

If they have fixed it, could someone let me know please because I've always found AVG for Windows to be a great product and, apart from this serious flaw, the Android version seemed pretty competent too.

Upvote 0
android is based on linux kernel, and so far no virus (or very less) attacked linux kernel...never heard of any virus on android ... there is no problem installing a antivirus on phone but it should be more productive than causing destructions like battery drainage, CPU usage etc .... so let us know if you heard of any virus on android plss that will be helpful

Upvote 0
android is based on linux kernel, and so far no virus (or very less) attacked linux kernel...never heard of any virus on android ... there is no problem installing a antivirus on phone but it should be more productive than causing destructions like battery drainage, CPU usage etc .... so let us know if you heard of any virus on android plss that will be helpful

This is true but then again why take the chance, for peace of mind I'll keep my AV loaded and also look into the battery/GPC issue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones