• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lollipop Disables Mobile Data On/Off

I have a similar complaint to a lesser extent on the new s6 (verizon). When I toggle mobile data off from the quick notifications menu, it prompts a pop up telling me all the cool stuff I will miss out on if I turn off data. I then have to click "turn off" again every time I want to shut it off. There is no "do not ask/remind me again" box to check off. So annoying.

Upvote 0
Toggle Time, you are my hero :). Strange no one seems to have recognized your solution. The App seems to be provided by ATT and is called Usage Manager grouped under ATT. I am running Android 5.1.1 on S6 Edge. You can toggle Data On and Off and Location and Wifi and Bluetooth right from it. I placed the App on the home page near my left thumb so I can easily toggle Data and Location while driving if needed for Maps or Traffic info using my Home and Work Traffic widgets. You surely saved me from a future accident.

Have attached a screen-shot.

Thank you Google and ATT to make it such a painful experience for so many of us for so long.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-15-19-42-03.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-15-19-42-03.png
    1 MB · Views: 134
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones