Looking for a good Rom

1. Jwh1o1

Jwh1o1 Member

I am getting a galexy nexus in the mail and I was wondering what would be a good rom to put on it. My previous phone was a Optimus S with Hydrorom. I liked the good stabilty of that rom and am looking for one with the same on my new phone. I would like the antennas functioning 3g 4g gps ect. I was wondering if any have wifi tethering enabled its not a must just would be cool. I am reading through some to see how they are I would just like the opinions of everyone that might be able to point me in a good direction!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Jwh1o1

Jwh1o1 Member

im looking at jelly bean 4.1 toroplus the mms not working is a bit offputting or the codename android 3.1.0 any thoughts?
  3. Jwh1o1

Jwh1o1 Member

I also have a question has anyone seen the ultimate online theme kitchen at UOT Kitchen. Kitchen would be awsome if it worked i dont wanna mess up my phone though
  4. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

I'm on CM10 (I think it's the jellybro one) and it's awesome. No regrets at all with this rom. I haven't noticed anything not working, but I don't really do mms.
  5. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Codename Android is the big ROM right now or as stated earlier CM10 jellybro. I run jellybro but am probably going to try out CA soon. Jellybro is a good start though.
    Jwh1o1 and AARONONE like this.
  6. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Gnex subforum!

There are plenty of great JB ROM's that are fully functional (MMS included). I'm currently on Code Name Android and loving it.

The best way to find out which one you'll like the most is to make a nandroid and flash!
    Jwh1o1 and AARONONE like this.
  7. AARONONE

AARONONE Well-Known Member

What, no love for CM10 skank? That's my daily right now. Its a nightly but stable andno bugs. Also recommend lean kernel or trinity as a second. Let us know what you go with and your impressions.
    itiscosmo likes this.
  8. itiscosmo

itiscosmo Well-Known Member

hi im using code and it works fine for me...also i luv the battery bar...thats my fav cause its so sweet without a battery but a line instead..very very nice.....this rom just has all the good stuff..fun and recommend it highly.
    Jwh1o1 likes this.
  9. frenchy714

Come on Aaron....You know I love Skank! :eek:
    itiscosmo and MizzouBrent like this.
  10. itiscosmo

hi just saw ur post...luv the skank ..had that just before code but code has more toys but skank by fitsnugly was great and stable would be my second choice and if u like more stock shabbys the rom for u then cause its grest as well.but luv for skank.lol
    AARONONE likes this.
  11. itiscosmo

hi just saw ur post...luv the skank ..had that just before code but code has more toys but skank by fitsnugly was great and stable would be my second choice and if u like more stock shabbys the rom for u then cause its great as well.but luv for skank.lol
  12. frenchy714

+1 for CNA and all it's goodness!
    Jwh1o1 and itiscosmo like this.
  13. itiscosmo

hi sorry for the double..i cant delete it....but ya Frenchy go code.lol
  14. frenchy714

I know Skank is a solid, stable ROM, but, I need nav bar tweaks in my life! It's just ridiculous how much you can change and adjust with Code.....INSANE!
    AARONONE likes this.
  15. sik00

sik00 Well-Known Member

Been using AOSP JB for about a week now with leanKernel, no problems at all on my end. Mms works fine, and battery life with leanKernel is nice. The one thing I do miss is the reboot menu from the CM builds. Other than that, I like my stuff close to stock so it's perfect for me.
  16. frenchy714

Purely AOSP? I've been wanting to give that a try because of how solid it is. The only problem is that I know I'll get bored with it after a few minutes due to not having any mods......
  17. sik00

sik00 Well-Known Member

Yup, that one :) People weren't kidding when they said it was stable. He just released a new build yesterday that is supposed to be final for awhile.

I was thinking of trying the Trinity kernel out to see these awesome colors everyone's talking about.
  18. frenchy714

Believe me when I say that you don't need to run Trinity to experience awesome colors.
    AARONONE likes this.
  19. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Hmm.. I'll have to dabble with these colors too... And I'll need to try out a custom kernel too! Seriously, everything is running so smooth on CM10 that I don't even think about setCPU or kernels.... :D
  20. AARONONE

AARONONE Well-Known Member

I need to try codename. I've been watching it. Plus, I've been on skank for like two or three weeks, thats an eternity.
  21. frenchy714

Give it a try! As always, post your feedback.
  22. frenchy714

2-3 weeks is like 7-10 android years!
  23. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

AARONONE likes this.
  24. Zeinzu

Zeinzu Well-Known Member

If you want a fantastic stock AOSP 4.1.1 experience Purely AOSP is flawless, stable, etc. Everything just works and it's clean stock AOSP.
  25. frenchy714

I've heard nothing but great things about it.....Don't you miss any of the additional settings or mods you get with other ROM's? That's the only thing stopping me from flashing.