• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a long-term reminder/countdown app

agarvin

Lurker
May 6, 2012
Hi all, I'm wondering if anybody knows of an app which serves this purpose? I'm looking for a long-term (days/weeks/months) reminder/countdown app, similar to the "Cosmos Countdown Timer" for iOS.

For example, let's say I want to make sure I sweep up the house every 3 days or so. Let's say on Sunday I sweep up. The reminder would be set to remind me to sweep up again on Wednesday. Let's say I sweep again on Tuesday, though. I'd like to be able to hit a "snooze" button to reset the countdown and have the reminder set for 3 days from Tuesday, and leave me alone on Wednesday.

Other applications for an app such as this may include:
Changing the oil in your motor vehicle
Scheduling doctors appointments
Checking smoke alarm batteries
External hard drive backups
Emptying kitty litter trays

The iOS Cosmos Countdown Timer appears to be pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm having trouble finding an Android equivalent. Anybody happen to know of an app like this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones