• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a reader that opens Word docs

pieq314

Nov 23, 2010
Hi all,

I am looking for an ebook reader that can open Microsoft Word documents.

There is the "ThinkFreeOffice" app that does open MS Word documents. But the problem is, it does not keep a bookmark. So that when the app goes into sleep mode and I open it up again, the document is displayed at the very beginning, which makes it inconvenient to read a book (in Word format). So I am looking for an ebook reader style app that keeps its position when going into sleep mode.

Thanks!

Don't think an app like that exists to remember bookmarks in a WORD document, unless you manually set a bookmark on the page. That's how bookmarks work in Word on the desktop. So QuickOffice or Documents to Go may have this functionality, but they are pricy apps.

If the document is an ePub doc, you'll have better luck with an app automatically reopening to the last page read. Aldiko will reopen an ePub doc at the last page read.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones