• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for a way to ENABLE data throttling

spectr3z

Lurker
Mar 1, 2013
I've been looking, unsuccessfully, to find an application that will allow me to throttle down speeds on a Galaxy Tab 10.1 2. SureLock doesn't support a feature and I just wanted to know if there was a way to Enable Data for certain apps up to a certain GB point then throttle down speeds to the hard cap I have on my data plans.

i.e I want to enable X amount of GB for Youtube, Browser, Words With Friends etc and then block access to those after X GB and only keep another application or two running at lower speeds than given by my provider.

It seems that everything I search for looks for ways to disable throttling and no one makes an app that lets you control your data the way you need to. Carrier-side controls only block data at a certain point and I'm running out of options.

Does anyone know or can point me the way to any apps that could do enable throttling on demand?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones