• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for app: all in one - calendar, to do list, planner, organizer...

jax4pres

Lurker
May 9, 2010
Hello,
I'm desperately looking for an app that will integrate a calendar with lists, to do lists and I am willing to pay for it.

Here's what I'd like:

• a calendar with daily, weekly, monthly view
  • To do lists (which can be synched with the calendar and crossed off the list if completed on a scheduled day)
  • Reminders, alarms, deadlines
  • Ability to work offline (in case I'm in an area w/o service)
  • Ability to setup recurring appts
  • Lists (e.g. grocery, books to read, people who owe me $, etc.) - where I can see ALL the lists in a nice lay out and be able to prioritize within lists
  • All of the above should have a widget so I can see my calendar/lists from my homescreen
  • Ability to add comments to any of the above
Does anyone know an app that does all these things? I've tried: TooDo, Astrid, Jorte, etc. Jorte seems to come the closest so far...

Thanks in advance!
Jax

Just wondering why you want an all in one app? You'll get much more functionality by using an app specifically designed for the task.

You don't say which Phone (Android version) you are running but in Android 2.1 the calendar has week view (as well as agenda, daily and monthly). It will also let you set recurring.

Astrid/Remember the Milk is the most complete task list (and can do all the functions you mention plus more) and RTM will integrate with Google calendar so you can see your tasks on the calendar.

Upvote 0
Hey Bluenova,
Sorry I forgot the make/model. I'm using a Samsung Moment, running Android 1.5. An update to 2.1 should be out any day now. I'd prefer one app so that I can have everything centralized and in 1 place. For instance, some to do things I'd like to schedule for certain days, whereas others could be left for leftover time. It'd be great to move something from a to-do list to the calendar, and then to cross it off as done on the calendar while coming off the to-do list too.

I will look further into Astrid. I just picked up Goals To Do and it looks quite intriguing. It's quite sophisticated and hopefully not too complex.

Thanks for the feedback :)
Jax

PS - Szadzik: I've considered Pure Calendar although I'd like to try before I buy. Not sure if there's a trial version that I could first install...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones